Over the weekend, my family and I spent the weekend enjoying Sweet Berry Farm. Sweet Berry Farm is a nearby farm that has some fun produce available for pick-your-own. On this beautiful spring day, they had plump blackberries and ripe peaches for the picking. During other times of the year, they have strawberries, a pumpkin patch, flowers and potatoes.
We were having so much fun picking blackberries that we may have went a tad overboard. Luckily, I have a lot of yummy ideas to use up the blackberries. One of the recipes that I got to work on as soon as we got home was this yummy blackberry, jalapeno spritzer. This was inspired by a blackberry, jalapeno jam that a dear friend makes.
- 3 oz white wine
- 1 oz club soda
- 5 blackberries
- 1/2 jalapeno, sliced into coins
- Agave syrup, to taste
- Muddle the blackberries and jalapenos in a wine glass.
- Add ice then drizzle some agave syrup into the glass.
- Pour in the white wine and club soda and stir.
- Garnish the glass with a sliced jalapeno