Flank steak is a fairly inexpensive cut of meat but isn’t super tender. The key to taking advantage of this flavorful beef is to let it marinate for a long time. For this recipe, we use a lot of delicious ingredients: wine, Worcestershire, garlic, dried peppers and rosemary. Make sure you cut this against the grain to serve.
- 1 Tblack peppercorns
- 2 dried chiles de àrbol, broken
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 C red wine
- 2 T worcestershire
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed
- 1⁄2 C extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (2-lb.) flank steak
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except flank steak. Poke flank steak all over with a fork and cover with marinade. Cover and refrigerate, turning occasionally, overnight (up to 24 hours).
- A half hour to an hour before cooking, move flank steak to a plate at room temperature.
- Build a med-hot fire in your grill. Grill steak for 7-8 minutes per side (until browned or cooked according to your preference).
- Transfer meat to a cutting board, tent with foil and allow it rest for 10 minutes. Cut the steak into thin slices against the grain. Serve with any reserved juiced. Devour.