Since I went low carb, I sometimes have cravings for things that are unfortunately off limits. I will struggle to stick with anything where I feel deprived so I try to come up with solutions that satisfy. This idea was born from such a craving. I wanted a chicken pita slathered with tzatziki so bad that I would have given my left pinky toe to get it. I turned that craving into these yummy bowls.
This is one of those recipes that is more an idea but flexible enough for you to tweak to your preferences.
- Greek dressing (watch for sugars on the label or make your own)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 small head cauliflower, riced
- Pan Spray
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cucumber (I’m partial to English cucumbers), cut into cubes
- Tzatziki (homemade or store bought), cut in half
- Marinate the chicken in the greek dressing for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spread the riced cauliflower out on a greased baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Baked for 15-20 minute until it starts to brown. Alternatively, you could steam the cauliflower but I prefer the flavor when roasted.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, grill the chicken. When it’s done cooking, dice it.
- Build your bowls by putting a little bit of cauliflower rice in the bottom of the bowl. Top with chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, tzatziki and feta.